Below are some resources that we have found useful for training and for working clinically in low- and middle-income countries. However, we would also be delighted to add your recommendations to this list. Please use our Contact Us page to send your additions.
- Brent A, et al., ed. Oxford Handbook of Tropical Medicine. Fourth Edition. Oxford University Press; 2014.
- Nelson BD, ed. Essential Clinical Global Health. Oxford, UK: Wiley-Blackwell; 2015. www.bit.ly/ECGHbn
- Médecins Sans Frontières (Doctors Without Borders) reference books. www.refbooks.msf.org
- Werner D, Thuman C, Maxwell J. Where There Is No Doctor: A Village Health Care Handbook. Berkeley, CA: Hesperian Foundation; 1992.
- WHO Pocket Book of Hospital Care for Children: Guidelines for the Management of Common Illnesses With Limited Resources. Geneva, Switzerland:World Health Organization. www.who.int/maternal_child_adolescent/documents/child_hospital_care/en/